Ever wondered what happened to all of the clothes you put in the Salvation Army pile, thinking that no one would every buy them, even for a quarter? Well I can't speak for the rest of Africa because I haven't been anywhere else yet, but I can safely say that a good portion of them end up right here in Tanzania.
All those D.A.R.E. shirts we got in 5th grade that were way too big to wear? Every third person has one. That South Park shirt you thought was sooo cool in 7th grade? A lady wearing a traditional wrap skirt and carrying a basket on her head through the mountains is now the proud owner. And ladies, those pale pink track pants you never really used? I still giggle every time I see a dude wearing them. Even that KS95 shirt you picked up at the State Fair that one year and only ever wore around the house, and the cheap Randy Moss jersey you got at Target when you still thought he was the hope for the Vikings, just gaze out the window while you drive down any road in Tanzania and take a walk down memory lane with your previous wardrobe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, Kali, I love you so much! Your blogs are priceless!
Oh, and sidebar: if you happen to see a pair of black leggings with neon-pink trim around the ankles walking around somewhere, those were TOTALLY mine! And you can be positive they are mine, because I am fairly sure I was the only kid unlucky enough to be given such a gawdy present by an aunt I haven't seen since.
See any pink Smoke-free generation t-shirts?
Post a Comment