I planned to write a whole bunch of update posts about everything that has been going on here, but I've already been at the post office for an hour and a half, and this is the first time I've even gotten this thing to load. My favorite part was when the power went out to half the computers, including mine, and none of the staff felt any particular obligation to try and fix it or give us our money back. So I sat for over a half hour to get onto this crazy computer that keeps making things disappear and doing other weird things. In a lot of ways it's a very good thing I'm going home on Tuesday because my patience has worn mighty thin, waiting waiting waiting for people to do their jobs, to be somewhere when they say they are going to be (I sat somewhere for FOUR HOURS on Tuesday because of that - no need to call and inform people you'll be late, completely unnecessary) for pretty much everything that goes on, there is an obscene amount of waiting. It does not jive with my midwestern background in the least.
I'll write about all the cool crazy things I have seen and done over the last two weeks as soon as I get home, and hopefully get some pictures up. Between then and now, the Kenyan computers are not worth the point of rage I have been brought to the last several times I tried to get everything done. Plus I have to walk a mile and half both ways just to get here!!! Bahhhhhhhhh
I am leaving Maseno Monday morning and will arive in MSP around noon on Wednesday. Get in touch with me because I want to make plans for the rest of the summer and see as many people as I can - and do some really developed countryish stuff for a change!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment