Monday, July 03, 2006
I live on the equator.
Well not quite. It's more like a long throw from the outfield to home (don't you love how I gauge distances? whenever they say anything to me in kilometers here I just don't even try to figure out how far it is) to where the actual line is. But I cross it every single day as I go to the hospital and back to the seminary. It's pretty fascinating, the equator being such an abstract concept to someone who lives so far away from it, and I've been told that if I flush a toilet in the north end of Maseno, the water will indeed flow in the opposite direction of the toilets at the seminary (we have two!). I want to check this out, but that would involve finding a flush toilet on the other side of the line, and a month here is probably not long enough to make that amazing of a discovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment