I began my African adventure in a sense today by attempting to pack what I think I can survive on for three months in East Africa. My mother raised an eyebrow at the three separate journals I can't live without, but I assured her that I would sooner leave my underwear behind.
I had a lot of room in the bag still and most of what I packed I intend to leave behind (old tshirts and items Nsia is sending home to her family via me) so there is still plenty of space to be filled by all of the clothing and art I plan to pick up. The Goblirsch family will do very well at Christmas this year.
The Madre also made it official today that she will be going to Kenya through Youth Encounter in July. She will not be at the same site as me, so it is quite possible that we will not see one another, but at least she will be nearby if I am sick or miserable. It will be nice to have someone else experience the environment I will be living in so intensely for these upcoming months. I'm sure it will help me a lot with processing once I am back.
More later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment